Thursday, January 20, 2011

Share a Spoon - Quick Pork Fried Rice

Think Tank Momma



I know, it's been too long since I posted here.  I've neglected this blog, and Share a Spoon over here.  I haven't gotten any recipes from followers lately, and with the holidays and baking.....yeah I'll stop with the excuses.
 
Anylazy, this week's theme is quick and easy.  I have a healthier version of a take out favorite for you this week, and....it's super simple!

I love Chinese food.  LOVE IT!  However, we tend to only indulge every so often.  All the fat and sodium.  Yikes!  However, my sister turned me on to this and it definitely sates the craving and doesn't break the calorie, sodium and fat gram bank.



Quick Pork Fried Rice

3 slices bacon
1 medium onion
1 bag Birdseye Steamfresh Rice w/veggies
Low sodium Soy Sauce
1 egg
olive oil




Chop the bacon slices and render them over medium heat in a large skillet.
Remove the crispy bacon and drain on a paper towel.

Cook the rice in the microwave according to the directions on the bag.

Discard the bacon drippings and add two tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet.  Saute the chopped onion with a bit of kosher salt until softened.  (4-5 minutes).

Add the steamed rice to the skillet.  Add the egg.  Stir well.  The egg with scramble and cook through quickly.  Toss the bacon in the pan and stir well.  Add soy sauce according to your taste and allow to warm through.

Garnish with some chopped scallions.

Done!

It's so good!  You could substitute turkey bacon, but I am a fan of the pork.  I serve it with this recipe, I Shared previously over at LIB!

3 comments:

Ducky said...

SOunds perfect! Would it work the same to use Sesame oil instead of olive oil? I'm so ignorant when it comes to this stuff. :o)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, looks good!

Tiffanee said...

Yum. I love fried rice. I could eat the whole pan all by myself. It looks and sounds so delicious.