Once again, Maurnie is Sharing in the kitchen with us! YEAH!
Here is her chicken submission for the week.
Also, I will be here tomorrow to give you a spin on one of the cookie recipes from last week. I was inspired by one of the submissions and made some really amazing Lemon Cream cookies!!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 skin-on, boneless chicken breasts (about 11/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-4 heads garlic (to your taste really)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary or tarragon – use your savory fave.
- 4 slices sourdough bread, grilled or toasted ( I have also used a French baguette cut into many slices)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin-side down, until browned, about 5 minutes.
Separate the heads of garlic into cloves but do not peel. Flip the chicken; add the garlic and rosemary to the skillet and transfer to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through but still moist, 15 to 20 more minutes.
Place the bread on a platter and top slices with a chicken breast. Add the vinegar to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add 3 tablespoons water (or chicken broth) and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce and garlic over the chicken and bread. When you serve squish the now roasted garlic out onto the toasted bread that has all the yummy pan juices on it and enjoy a pseudo garlic bread along with the chicken.
Thanks for SHARING as always Maurnie!